This is the home page of Close Reach and Captain Craig S. Walker, U. S. Coast Guard Licensed Master, American Sailing
Association (ASA) and Recreational PowerBoating Association (RPBA) certified Instructor, Instructor Evaluator & Facility
Evaluator, Advanced Sailing Instructor, Charter and Delivery Skipper.
Close Reach is a small family owned and operated business in Northern California providing private sailing and power boat
instruction, ASA Instructor Qualification Clinics, skippered charters, site seeing tours, yacht deliveries and Ashes-at-Sea
memorial services, serving the San Francisco Bay area, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe areas, and other parts of Northern
California and Pacific Northwest coastal waters.
- We offer Coastal and Celestial Navigation classes at Tradewinds Sailing School and Club in Richmond, CA. If you, or
your yacht club, are interested in customized navigation classes in the Lake Tahoe, Sacramento or San Francisco Bay
areas, call or e-mail for details.
- We offer United States Coast Guard Licensing courses and testing through Mariners Learning System at Tradewinds
Sailing School and Club.
- We will be running ASA Instructor Qualification Clinics twice a year for various levels hosted by Tradewinds Sailing School
and Club in Richmond, CA. Contact the ASA for dates and details.
Phone: (530) 320-5611
This web page was last updated in September 2012
Copyright © 2012 Craig Walker DBA Close Reach
- Interested in sailing trips on San Francisco Bay or team building events on a sailboat?
- Live a Dream... Design your perfect day on the Bay! click here
- We provide a respectful and low-cost service, scattering ashes at sea and enabling you to remember and celebrate
your loved ones with grace and honor. click here
- Do you or your organization need hands-on training for sailing, power boat handling or coastal and celestial
navigation? click here